Thursday, April 1, 2010

An Egg-cellent Day!

This April Fool's Day was particularily mischievous at our house. The kids were up at the crack of dawn rolling out all of the pranks they've been cooking up for days. It started before 6:00 am with screams of, "Calvin's throwing up! Calvin's throwing up! Come quick!" and continued with spoons in my husband's dress shoes, a ketchup bloody nose, and an announcement that the classroom lizzard had died the day before. Funny stuff. When it became clear that we would be getting a steady diet of pranks I adopted an enthusiastic, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude. I sent the girls to school with empty lunch boxes and hid in the principal's office when they came in to call home to report my error. Then I took them home for a picnic complete with a plastic snake on the patio chair.  I served fried egg sandwiches (pound cake, whipping cream and nectarines) and what could have been an annoying day turned into something special. I'm not going to suggest you make lemonade out of lemons or anything like that. But I will say, "This is your life and your day. Live it with a joyful heart!"

"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany you in your work all the days of the life God has given you." Ecclesiastes 8:15






 

No comments:

Post a Comment