Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hot Cross Buns


At our last women's retreat we were having a good giggle about the year we were too late to the bakery to get a nice round of bread for communion. We ended up using Kaiser rolls.

Well, you know what they say about paybacks. It's my weekend to bake the bread for our congregation's lovely practice of using homemade bread during communion. It's not going so hot. The bread isn't rising and it looks a lot more like the buns of Christ, then the Body of Christ. Great. I'm trying to be careful and prayerful as I kneed frantically to get my dough to look more like bread. I'm trying not to panic as I envision our Pastor, lifting my buns in the air for all of the congregation to see and I'm wondering how long it will be before I'm reassigned to another volunteer post. Maybe I can be in charge of picking up the kringle for coffee hour. That seems like a lot less pressure.

My bread is a bust. Here's hoping a fish and loaves style miracle can happen in my kitchen - stat. See you at the communion rail. Try to keep a straight face.

No comments:

Post a Comment